Guide on How to Start Keto Diet – Easy Steps For How To Start a Keto Diet or Low Carb Diet
The Ketogenic diet is the latest form of low carb and high-fat diet which has so many health benefits for the users.
Keto diet benefits are proven by several authentic studies which are still being studied by the medical communities around the world.
For a diet to be restrictive against cancer, diabetes, and epilepsy, it requires user patience, or doesn’t it?
Table of Contents
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
The short form of keto diet which is high fat and low carb diet, the diet shares similarities with the Atkins diet which has a low carbs diet involved.
The whole purpose of the Ketogenic diet is to replace carbohydrates consumption with fats and a moderate amount of proteins.
Reducing carbohydrates will trigger the process of “Ketosis” in the human body.
The process of ketosis burns an efficient amount of fats and thus releasing an efficient amount of energy.
The liver is the main organ behind ketosis that convert the fat into ketone bodies and supply energy to the brain.
The medicinal concept of Ketogenic diet is to reduce blood sugar levels which provide numerous health benefits to the human body.
How Many Types of Ketogenic Diets Are There?
There are overall 4 different types of Ketogenic Diets that are:
- Standard Ketogenic Diet: The ratio of fats, carbs, and protein in the Standard Ketogenic Diet is designed according to the standard point of view. The user on Standard Ketogenic Diet must typically consume 75% fat, 20% protein, and only 5% carbohydrates.
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: The diet involves on and off carbs intake which comes as a weekly consumption. 5 days of the week will go without the carbs while 2 days are high-carbs days.
- Targeted Ketogenic Diet: The one that allows users to add carbohydrates as per their will during the time of the workout.
- High-Protein Ketogenic Diet: The standard ketogenic diet but only in a high number of proteins. It has 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs like the standard one.
Cyclical and Targeted Ketogenic diet is more of a tool for athletes and bodybuilders which is not even studied extensively like the standard and high-protein ketogenic diet.
Will Ketogenic Diet Help You Lose Weight?
The ketogenic diet is a remarkable and top-rated weight loss way that also limits many serious health complications.
Keto Diet is way superior to other weight-loss diets in 2020 which women can take maximum benefits from.
You don’t have to starve yourself in the Ketogenic diet, a full quantity of fat meals is taken so your body should be fine.
On a serious note, guys who took a part in the ketogenic diet lost 2.2x more weight than the ones who went on a calorie-restricted fat diet. In studies, the level of triglycerides and HDL cholesterol levels are also improved.
Diets recommended by American and UK experts have a weak link in common. According to the sources let users waste 3 times more fat than those so-called low-fat diets.
It increases the level of ketone bodies, these ketone bodies lowers the sugar levels in the blood and improve insulin sensitivity to convert sugar into energy.
Ketogenic Diet Benefits
Ketogenic diet is an important tool to treat neurological diseases like Epilepsy.
With the improvements in overall well-being, ketogenic diet offers a wide array of health benefits.
Heart Benefits- Ketogenic diet reduce the risk of body fat accumulation at the site of the heart which lowers blood pressure and chances for advanced Coronary Heart Disease.
- Cancer- Ketogenic Diet is currently being followed by many types of cancer patients to slow down the tumor growth.
- Alzheimer’s Disease- As Ketogenic Diet provides neuroprotective benefits, it has a tendency to stop the progression of brain-damaging diseases.
- Acne- Females who eat lower carbs or processed foods may get help to severe acne.
- Parkinson’s Disease- Forger the levodopa, the Ketogenic diet helps in reducing the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Brain Injuries- Chances of concussion during a ketogenic diet are second to none and it also helps in recovery from several brain injuries.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome- The disease comprises increased insulin levels which on Ketogenic Diet affects the progression of PCS.
What Can You Eat On a Keto Diet?
Here is the list of food you can eat while on a ketogenic diet.
- Fatty Fish: Salmon, Trout, and Tuna
- Meat: Red Meat, Bacon, Chicken and Turkey
- Butter and Creams: The ones with grass-fed
- Eggs with pastured Omega-3 Fatty Acid
- Healthy Oils: Extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil
- Nuts and Seeds: Walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.
- Low carb vegetables: Green vegetables, tomatoes, onions
- Spices: It’s safe to use salt and pepper with herbal spices
What You Can’t Eat On a Keto Diet?
It’s also important to note which foods to avoid during the ketogenic diet.
- Foods with Sugar: Cake, candies, soda, fruit juice, smoothies, etc.
- Unhealthy Fats: Processed foods, processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise
- Starches: Products having wheat, rice, pasta, cereal
- Fruits: All fruits have sugar, except the ones from the berry family
- Beans and Legumes: Lentils, kidney beans, peas, chickpeas
- Low-Fat Products: These are processed one which have a high number of carbs
- Vegetables: Potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes
- Spices and Sauces: Which contains sugar and unhealthy fat
- Alcohol has a tendency to stop the process of ketosis and brings you back to the original state
Should You Be Eating Out While on Ketogenic Diet?
Many restaurants provide keto-friendly meals to users who are eating out.
You can do one thing, like ordering meat or fish-based meal and instead of high-carbs food, order the vegetables at the side.
Eating out breakfast would be much safer for ketosis since it has egg-based meals and omelets with bacon which encourage ketosis. You can also have a burger without a bun, you also need to replace the fries for vegetables.
Having desert? Well, ask for mixed cheesecake or cream berries.
What Are Keto-Friendly Snacks?
Here are the top 10 healthy keto snacks which compliment your diet and also have some healthy things going on.,
- Fish Meat
- Nuts and Seeds
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- Dark Chocolate (90% Pure)
- Low-Carb Milkshake with almond and nuts
- Strawberries with Cream
- Full-Fat Yogurt with cocoa powder
- Celery with salsa
- Leftover meals in small portions
What Are the Side Effects of Ketogenic Diet and How to Minimize?
Weight loss diet like ketogenic diet comes with NO side effects, however some users at the initial point experience a side effect called “Keto Flu” for some days.
During keto flu, user fee lack of energy and increased hunger with nauseated feeling and stomach upset types of things.
To minimize Keto-Flu, you can simply consume a low-carb diet for the first few weeks and then teach your body to burn fat before abolishing carbs completely.
Ketogenic diet does affect the water and mineral balance in your body, so you might be needing to add extra salt to the meals.
You can replenish the needs of minerals by taking 3,500-4,000 mg of sodium per day with 1000 mg of Potassium and 300 mg of Magnesium to minimize the side effects.
What is the Best Supplement for Ketogenic Diet?
Shark Tank Keto Pills listed the best supplement for a ketogenic diet which provides the exogenous ketone bodies as well as essential oil which ignite the process rapidly.
Top 4 Keto Pills On the Market:
- Pure BHB Keto Diet Pills- Keto Bodytone
- Shark Tank Keto Pills- Keto Fit
- Keto Weight Loss Pills- Keto Blast
- Ketosis Keto Supplement- Ketogeniks Keto
If your keto supplement has the following ingredients, it can resolve the Keto-Flu and also fasten the weight loss process.
- MCT Oil goes to drink or yogurt which supplies energy and increases the level of ketone bodies.
- Minerals like sodium to fulfill the needs of lost minerals.
- Caffeine adds a little bit of energy to physical and mental performance.
- Exogenous ketones: Every ketogenic supplement comes with BHB ketone bodies which are in three forms.
- Green Tea or Raspberry Ketones: While some ketogenic contain creatine or whey protein to complement the physical performance., The top ketogenic supplement must contain natural ingredients like Green Tea extract with Raspberry ketones.
Green Tea and Raspberry Ketone performs the trimming of the belly and thighs by eradicating the stubborn fats, they are also an excellent source for polyphenols and vital anti-oxidants.
Summary on How to Start Keto Diet
How to start a keto diet is very easy and user-friendly, popular celebrities have encountered an amazing body transformation after adopting a ketogenic diet.
What you can eat on a keto diet has been explained in the shape of the list, while things you cannot eat on the keto diet can be altered depending on the supplement you are using.